Main Conference Day One
7:45 am - 8:40 am Registration and morning coffee
8:40 am - 9:10 am Keynote story from the CCW Global Award Winner Challenge the status quo to deliver true business value and results!Hui Wu-Curtis - Senior Director, Global Customer Care Strategy, Choice Hotels International
Data is not insight. How do you turn large amounts of data collected in contact centres into meaningful insight that drives true business value and results for the rest of the organisation? This session will provide a case study of Choice Hotel’s journey transforming their contact centres to be true drivers for humanising the customer experience while creating business value and results for other parts of the organisation.
- Understanding how to turn data and KPIs into true insight that drives business value for the rest of the organisation – repositioning contact centres to be more outward facing and strategic
- Taking a process excellence and competence based approach focusing on solving customer pain points
- Internalizing the review - Rethinking how your contact centre internal quality processes relate to customer experience and business results
- Sharing key lessons learned, where we are and what is next for social media, AI and analytics.
Hui Wu-CurtisSenior Director, Global Customer Care Strategy
Choice Hotels International
9:10 am - 9:40 am KEYNOTE CASE STUDY- Co-op's award winning customer contact transformation:Reviving the business by focusing on your customersJane McCall - Executive Transformation & Change Director, The Co-operative Group
Claire Carroll - Head of Member and Customer Services, The Co-operative Group
This keynote case study will bring you a powerful multi-awards winning story of how Cc-op has revived their business from £2.5bn in loss, by focusing on re-establishing the relationship with their customers.
- Developing a road map to create a new organisational structure and clear customer –focused operating model and targets
- Sharing the key initiatives taken to empower advisors to resolve customer issues and complaints
- Boosted ‘end-to-end’ complaints management across all platforms, including the vital area of social media
- Developing the right metrics to improve colleague engagement from 65% - 85%
Jane McCallExecutive Transformation & Change Director
The Co-operative Group
Claire CarrollHead of Member and Customer Services
The Co-operative Group
9:40 am - 10:10 am KEYNOTE PANEL - Redefine customer centricity:Create a true customer centric culture in the digital age
- Going beyond customer service department: Crafting a customer strategy that delivers customer experience at every touchpoint
- How is design thinking redefining world class service?
- Which disruptive technologies promise to overhaul the customer service landscape?
- Achieving exponential business growth with design thinking and disruptive technologies
10:10 am - 10:40 am KEYNOTE SESSION- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) creating customer valueGuy Kirkwood - Chief Evangelist, UiPath
Robotic Process Automation has proven to be the latest technologies transforming back office space with repetitive, large quantity, rule based tasks. Yet how can we take advantage of this in customer operations? This keynote case study will provide real life case studies on how Robotic Process Automation can add value to customer operations
Guy KirkwoodChief Evangelist
10:40 am - 11:10 am Morning refreshments and networking break in the exhibition hall
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG A - The GDPR and contact centre compliance: One bite at a time
- Accelerate your GDPR readiness: there’s still time.
- What’s the silver lining in GDPR compliance
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG B - Future of contact centre security: the rise of Voice Biosecurity
- Why passwords are not cutting it anymore
- The best practices for a successful voice biometrics launch
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG C - Natural language technology advancing contact centre performance
- IVR evolution and modernisation through natural language technology
- Providing a smooth customer experience through advanced IVR implementation
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG D - Being human in digital age: Balancing self-service with human touch
- Deliver a humanised and personalised experience through customer and employee engagement
- What’s the right balance between self-service and human touch
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG E - commercialising your service function:Driving sales and revenue through customer serviceRaymond Loehr - Director Operations and Strategy, Vodafone
- A cultural shift from cost centre to a profit centre: Embedding the sales DNA
- Why are customer service best positioned for commercialisation and sales?
- Developing the right skills through training and coaching programmes
- What can you achieve in 12-18 months: Sharing sucess stories
Raymond LoehrDirector Operations and Strategy
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG F -Your employees deliver your brand promises to the customers. Are you delivering the promise to them?Tracy Kellaway - Head of Contact Centre, Estee Lauder
- Do you invest the same in understanding your employees as understanding your customers?
- Innovative ways to engage your employees
Tracy KellawayHead of Contact Centre
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG G - A fresh approach:continuous improvement in Quality management
- Quality management is no longer about checking the boxes
- Developing and promoting a problem solving and continuous improvement culture
- Align your KPIs with the business goals
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG H - knowledge managment for fast track successClaudia Belardo - Director, International Customer Experience, SAP Concur
- Organisations who leverage their KB to go beyond ‘FAQS’ are succeed in delivering support in a more agile way,
- How does a good KM strategy make self-service successful and reduce customer effort by connecting the right person to the right content in the fastest possible time
- Why will changing the way that a KB is managed remould a support organisation from a funnel to swarming model?
Claudia BelardoDirector, International Customer Experience
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG I - Developing digital capabilities to achieve true omni-channel experience
- Developing internal digital confidence and capabilities
- Bringing your team on board to bring your customers on board
- Are you using the right tools?
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG J - Customer centric digital tranformationAnthony Simpson - Customer Experience Manager, Allied Vehicles
- Start your digital transformation with customers in the middle
- Take an “outside-in’ approach
- Providing touchpoints throughout the customer lifecycle
Anthony SimpsonCustomer Experience Manager
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG K - Developing a customer centric culture
- Creating, embedding and communicating customer centric values: A proactive approach
- Developing metrics for customer success and getting everybody involved
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG L - The rise of the super agent
- What is required of a new agents: looking for different type of candidate attributes
- How are you differentiating yourself as an employer to attract and retain the new type of knowledge based super agents?
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG M - From IVR to Virtual Agents: Do’s and don’ts for sustained impact
- Building a business case for virtual agents focusing on ROI and business impact
- What can virtual agents do: identifying processes that are best suited for virtual agents
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG N - Developing and reorganising a future proof customer contact operating model
- What does a future proof customer contact centre look like?
- Outsourcing vs. in house: What are the key decision factors
- Weaving in key elements of technology, process vs. people
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG O - Mobile messaging, chats: New ways of engaging digital savvy customers
- Stepping up from transactional based contact to conversational customer contact
- Developing digital competence internally to support conversational commerce
11:10 am - 1:05 pm IDG P - Translating customer analytics into customer intelligenceHui Wu-Curtis - Senior Director, Global Customer Care Strategy, Choice Hotels International
- Driving customer analytics through different channels
- It’s not just about data, reports and analytics, it’s what you do with them
- Testing the customer intelligence driven from customer analytics
Hui Wu-CurtisSenior Director, Global Customer Care Strategy
Choice Hotels International
1:05 pm - 2:00 pm Networking lunch in the exhibition hall
TRACK A: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: Deliver personalised, effortless and speedy service2:00 am - 2:30 am CASE STUDY: Deliver a smooth customer journey through synchronised messaging with Robotics and AI
Sky UK has been pioneering in delivering business results through messaging. After mastering insights on synchronising messaging into the sales environment, the next step is looking at incorporating messaging with Robotics and AI to deliver a smooth customer journey.
- Achieving the speed of response and removing the heat in challenging scenarios through messaging
- Providing the human touch when emotional contact is required
- Identify the processes for robotic automation
- How to get messaging more intelligent: Powered with AI
Track B: BEYOND CHATBOTS: Customer Contact technology & innovation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY: Accelerating self care: KPN;s digital customer service initiatives and outcomes Martijn Franssen - Director Digital Customer Service, KPN
As the leading telecom provider in the Netherland, KPN has a keen focus on transforming customer service and provide frictionless interactions and service through digital technologies. Hear the key initiatives and lessons learned from Martin in this case study:
- Unitisation of the VRS: Voice experience and digital self care
- Boosting live chat to facilitate the digital transformation of Customer Service
- RPA as door opener to a more efficient customer operation
Martijn FranssenDirector Digital Customer Service
Track C: AGENT ENGAGEMENT: Empower agents to do what technology can not2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Redefining the colleague role in a post digital world Jason Roberts - Head of Contact Centre Operations, Dixons Carphone
As digital transformation prevails and mundane tasks move to robots, the role of colleagues is being redefined. This session will take a deep look into the profound impact digital transformation has on our people and colleague engagement:
Restructure the organisation to embrace and enable digital transformation
- The rise of super agents in the post digital age
- Review and deploy new metrics to support a digital organisation
- A new kind of leadership in a digital workforce
Jason RobertsHead of Contact Centre Operations
2:30 pm - 2:35 pm 5 minute transition time
2:35 pm - 3:05 pm CASE STUDY: How Digital Tranformation is reinventing customer self service
- Integrating multiple portals into one to make it easy for customers and improve upsell opportunities
- Personalisation with a purpose – walking through different personalised levels for customer interactions
- Going beyond FAQs for effective knowledge management
- Overcoming technological and organisational challenges throughout digital transformation
2:35 pm - 3:05 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: How to virtual assistants and Chatbots transforming customer careScott Barker - Head of Customer Care, Missguided
- A reality check for virtual assistants and Chabots: what can be done?
- Define your bot strategy and tactics
- What are the obstacles to look out for?
- How to integrate Chatbots with your omni-channel customer experience?
Scott BarkerHead of Customer Care
2:35 pm - 3:05 pm CASE STUDY: Driving front line behavior to install Customer oriented change - a bpost case studyJan Smets - Director Retail and Customer Care, bpost
“Change is easy. Now you do it”. This session focuses on bposts long term leader-led program to install a customer centric performance culture in its front line positions (branches and contact center), by focusing on the right behavioral attitudes
Key Take aways:
- Overall framework – blueprint – approach - outcomes
- Case based insights on how a large and complex organization customized a program to develop a leader led journey of steering employee behavior towards
- Lessons from the trenches: proven successes and pitfalls
Jan SmetsDirector Retail and Customer Care
3:05 pm - 3:10 pm 5 minute transition time
Track A: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: Deliver personalised, effortless and speedy service3:10 pm - 3:40 pm CASE STUDY: A non- traditional customer contact approach to best service the young and funky Nathan Turner - Customer Service Manager, Jagex
This unique case study will demonstrate the new ways to interact with the most unique type of customers – online game players!
- Going beyond conversational commerce: engage with game players through WhatsApp, snapchat and videos at any moment, from anywhere
- An integrated approach to guarantee a connected customer experience through email to webchat to social channels
- How to set your KPIs in the conversational customer contact environment
- What type of agents do you need and how to keep them engaged: Introducing the Lord of the team!
- Making social working for you: turning your fans as your brand evangelist
Nathan TurnerCustomer Service Manager
Track B: BEYOND CHATBOTS: Customer Contact technology & innovation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Contact Centre Security: Challenge, lessons and best practices in voice biometrics implementation Andrea Ayres - Senior Manager, Automated Services, Lloyds Bank (UK)
This case study will bring you the latest implementation challenges and tips in voice biometrics with a practical aspect.
- Are voice biometrics the future of contact centre security?
- Implementing voice biometrics for improved customer experience
- What are the hurdles in future development of voice biometrics and how to avoid them
Andrea AyresSenior Manager, Automated Services
Lloyds Bank (UK)
Track C- AGENT ENGAGEMENT: Empower agents to do what technology can not3:10 pm - 3:40 pm CASE STUDY: Customer operations enablement and engagement:A true people play Colby Parrott - Senior Program Manager, SurveyMonkey
Enablement provides a strategic, proactive, and hands-on learning approach in both sales and service functions. SurveyMonkey is tapping into the strategy to create an enablement and engagement program bespoke to Customer Operations. The goal is to provide systems and tools, programmes, and a clear career path for the Customer operations team. Topics discussed in this session include:
- SurveyMonkey’s success story in how to create a scalable, global support strategy
- How the enablement and engagement team is set up to deliver customer value through an empowered customer operations team
- How our Customer Operations team is driving value through personalised, effortless, and speedy service
Colby ParrottSenior Program Manager
3:10 pm - 3:40 pm CCW solution and technology demonstrations
Here's your chance to follow our road map and visit the solution providers that best meet your current and future technology needs
4:10 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon refreshments and networking break in the exhibition hall
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm CASE STUDY: Bringing customer service to the next level through the SIX point based customer contact strategyLeo Ooms - Director Customer Services, TUI Benelux
- How is the virtual contact centre concept (that includes retail staff as part of the contact centre) delivering economic gains for TUI Benelux
- Agile, omni-channel service: be there for the customer ‘Anytime, Anywhere, Anyway’
- Contact centre as a value centre: delivering sales & service at the most efficient cost
- Generating 360 degree customer view to fully understand their needs
- Inspire highly engaged, competent and multi-channel employees and agents
- Enabling customer self-service through technology
Leo OomsDirector Customer Services
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm CASE STUDY:Deploying the best in class speech analytics globally: A collaborative and agile approach
- Understanding and overcoming the challenges of deploying speech analytics at scale
- Developing and defining the approach, metrics and KPIs throughout the multi-year programme
- Breaking down the silos and close the loop between data production, insight generation and other key functions
- What makes us different: How did we bring our people onboard with the change and transformation?
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Developing an optimal customer operating model to deliver consistent service through your employees
- Going back to the basics: What are the key elements for an optimised customer operating model?
- Deciding on core metrics and implementing them effectively
- Sharing experiences and lessons learned in implementing Balanced Scorecard
- An engagement debate: What are the key challenges and the best practices?
5:00 pm - 5:05 pm 5 minute transition time
5:05 pm - 5:35 pm Building Voice of Customer (VOC) into your strategic business plan: A case study from Scottish WaterMark McEwen - General Manager Customer Services, Scottish Water
As the only water supplier in Scotland, Scottish Water has a unique challenge of understanding their customers: How to deliver the best customer service you can when your customers don’t have other competitors to turn to? Voice of Customer has been a big focus and more importantly a key component for their strategic business plan.
- Why is customer feedback particularly important for Scottish Water
- What are the key methods and channels to collect customer feedback
- A research programme with over 2,000 customers to refresh the business plan
- How to communicate the voice of customer clearly throughout the organisation?
- How is customer feedback being translated into the strategic business plan for 2021-2027
Mark McEwenGeneral Manager Customer Services
5:05 pm - 5:35 pm Overcoming tranformational changes brought by AI throughout your organisation
Overcoming transformational changes brought by AI throughout your organisation
Like any business transformation project, AI and Chabot is not just about technological deployments. This panel discussion will gather experienced transformation leaders to share their insights on how AI and Chatbots are transforming customer service and how can you prepare for the change and transformation:
- How do you build or reorganise an optimised operational model?
- What kind of changes will AI and Chatbots pose on your organisation and customer service department
- What are the potential risks involved?
- What are the key cultural elements required for success?
- Managing change: How to upskill, engage and develop champions to drive the transformation
5:05 pm - 5:35 pm Gamification to engage teams and drive performance:Improving results by 300% within weeksAnnamaria Toth - Sales and Customer Service Manager, Telekom Austria Group
Telecom Austria is a leading telecom provider operating across 7 Central & Eastern European countries. Annamaria and her team are tasked with implementing projects and initiatives to drive service and sales performance, across countries and teams that are culturally very different. This case study will demonstrate how they have achieved significant improvements through having fun together:
- Introducing the gamification approach: How to unite your teams and drive huge business results differently
- Develop and design fun driven gamified competitions that are aligned with KPIs
- How to implement gamification quickly and effectively to drive results
- Scaling up the efforts: How do you keeping up the momentum
Annamaria TothSales and Customer Service Manager
Telekom Austria Group
5:35 pm - 5:40 pm 5 minute transition time
5:40 pm - 6:10 pm Business partnering: Making data-driven decisions
Data Analytics and AI are changing the contact centre forever. With the advent of Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies and the ability to understand more unstructured data, like phone call recordings, companies are sitting on a wealth of information every time they record a call.
This plenary session will provide you with case studies on how leading companies are making the contact centre as their new data weapon to understand their customers better and improve customer experience.