Insurance Monitor is an independent platform that engages stakeholders in the insurance marketplace; insurers, consumers, brokers, reinsurers, actuaries, loss adjusters, loss assessors, third party administrators, banks, health providers, rating agencies and employees.
The portal has been conceptualized based on progressive opportunities observed in the UAE insurance landscape and on the premise that market competitiveness can be improved by:
- empowering consumers to drive competition and improve service levels;
- making information available publicly through statistical tools;
- sharing insights from technical experts like underwriters, actuaries, rating agencies through a public domain;
- pooling of insurance talent in the UAE and providing training opportunities to develop skills sets;
- sharing macro-level sector developments and providing ‘market watch’ updates on competition, products and channels; and
- initiating discussion papers on improvement opportunities.