Manager Corporate Affairs
Yarra Ranges Council
Conference Day One: Thursday, 27 April 2017
Monday, March 4th, 2019
2:20 PM CASE STUDY: Applying Behavioural Insights to increase Rate Payments and Animal Registrations in Australian Local Government.
Yarra Ranges Council have run two complete Behavioural Insights interventions, with the goal or increasing early Rate Payments and Animal Registrations. A net increase of over $5 million in Rates payments was achieved through this trial, and animal registrations increased overall by over 11%.
This joint presentation will examine:
- Why Behavioural Insights? What is it, and how was it applied?
- What was the desired customer behaviour change, and the strategies used to successfully encourage change
- Highlight how incentives and value proposition influenced our customer behaviour
- Discuss the series of indicative risk assessments to ensure successful delivery
- Identify the methods used to engage the organsiation in the interventions
- Discuss how this methodology was key in taking our Customer Service team to the next level.