Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16th July 2019
8:20 am - 8:50 am Conference Registration and Welcome Coffee
9:10 am - 9:50 am International Keynote Case Study: How the Veterans Affairs Contact Centre Was Modernised and Transformed Using Human Centred Design
Rosetta Carrington Lue is a 2015 White House Presidential Executive Fellow and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Senior Advisor. She is responsible for leading the efforts to modernize and transform the Veteran Affairs (VA) enterprise contact centres to improve the Veterans' experience targeting 1,800 contact centres, employing over 9,300 contact centre personnel processing 140M annual calls from 9M Veterans. This session will explore:
- Using human-cantered design to improve the experience of the Veterans and Employees.
- Understanding the design and implementation of the first federal government 24/7 myVA311 contact centre platform which successfully went live Veteran’s Day.
- Modernising the enterprise VA contact centres which, if fully implemented, would save VA over $2B over 5 years.
Rosetta Carrington LueSenior Contact Centre Advisor
US Department of Veteran Affairs
9:50 am - 10:30 am How the ATO Ensured their Clients had a Smooth Customer Experience While Delivering their Outsourcing Strategy
The Australian Taxation Office is the largest government agency and users of outsourcing in Australia. They have been developing their best in class outsourcing strategy for over 11 years. This session will explore:
- Every interaction counts- strategies to ensure a smooth client experience while undergoing transformation
- Lessons learnt throughout the ATOs transformation
- Integrating chat bots, web chat & voice biometrics to ensure an innovative and seamless client experience
Kate FowlerAssistant Commissioner
Australian Taxation Office
10:30 am - 11:00 am Delivering Exceptional Customer Experiences Together
11:00 am - 11:30 am Speed Networking Session
An effective structured interactive session designed to help expand your network through one-to-one focused conversations. Bring your business cards!
11:30 am - 12:00 pm MORNING TEA AND NETWORKING BREAK
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS
This is your chance to make your conference experience truly interactive and collaborative. Join your industry peers to discuss and work through pressing challenges around the topic of your choice. Each round will last 20 minutes, giving you the chance to rotate and discuss three topics.
Table Two12:00 pm - 1:10 pm Omni – Channel
Improving Agent Performance & Customer Experience – Engaging Visually over Mobile & Web Channels in Real-Time
Joan BrierleyDirector Customer Service Delivery Driver and Vehicle Services
Department of Transport WA
Table Three12:00 pm - 1:10 pm Chatbots and Webchat
Understand how chatbots and webchat are managed and implemented to improve self service
Andrea HodsonNational Senior Manager, Digital, Customer Experience Transformatio
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
STREAM A: Leadership & Culture2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Empowering & Engaging Staff through Leadership & Culture
STREAM A: Leadership & Culture3:30 pm - 4:10 pm Transforming the Customer Experience at Southland District Council through Leadership & Culture
Southland district council has undergone significant transformation over the past 2 years. This session will explore:
- Strategies to support your staff through transformation
- Building a cross functional team
- Increasing contact centre performance by keeping your staff engaged
- Taking what we have learnt on the journey and applying it to the IT space
Trudie HurstGroup Manager Customer Service Delivery
Southland District Council New Zealand
STREAM B: Digital Innovation2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Driving Business Transformation through Chatbots & Artificial Intelligence
The Department of Education has taken a successful approach to internal and external customer facing chat bots. This session will explore:
- Overview of chat bots & Artificial intelligence and lessons learnt from their integration in the public sector
- Development of Virtual Training Assistant to assist with service delivery
- Developing chat bot technology that is specific to everyday users
- Practical takeaways to integrate this technology within your organisation
Peter BuckmasterDirector of Digital Experience
NSW Department of Education
STREAM B: Digital Innovation2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Merging Three Previously Disparate Channels to Deliver an Integrated Customer Experience Strategy
The Northern Beaches Council was developed as a result of merging 3 councils into 1. These separate organisation had 300 staff each and combined accounts for 1800 staff. This session will explore change management strategies that were put in place to ensure an integrated customer experience strategy moving forward:
- Developing of a CRM system
- Integrating systems and processes of three different organisations
- Developing a consistent customer culture within the organisation
Gabrielle AnglesExecutive Manager Customer Service
Northern Beaches Council
STREAM B: Digital Innovation3:30 pm - 4:10 pm Delivering Improved Staff Experience and Response Times for Patients Through Connected Technology at NSW Ambulance
NSW ambulance has five control centers which receive emergency Triple Zero (000) and non-emergency telephone requests for ambulance services. These Control centers are located in Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and Dubbo and coordinate ambulances within their geographic area. NSW ambulance also has an Aeromedical Control Centre, located in Sydney, which coordinates urgent and routine aeroplane and helicopter transfers within New South Wales. This session will explore how these centers operate through:
- Technology such as sophisticated software used by control center officers to prioritize every call based on questions answered by the caller. They then assign the closest appropriate ambulance vehicle utilizing GPS tracking technology.
- Details of emergency and non-emergency calls are transmitted to a mobile data terminal located in the front cabin of the ambulance. This pr ovides paramedics with relevant patient information before they reach their destination.
- Priorising all emergency calls to ensure ambulances travel under lights and sirens for the most serious calls.
Tony Gately ASMAssistant Commissioner, Director, Control Centres
4:10 pm - 4:40 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING BREAK
4:40 pm - 5:10 pm Advisory Board Panel Discussion: Creating the Contact Centres of the Future: Marrying Customer Centricity, Technology, People and Cultur
- How do you improve the leadership & culture of your contact centre to engage contact centre agents and reduce attrition rates?
- How do you integrate technology such as chat bots & AI to improve your contact centre customer experience?
- How can you transform your contact centre to become more customer focused?
Wendy KeithDirector Housing Contact Centre
Department of Family and Community Services
Kate FowlerAssistant Commissioner
Australian Taxation Office
5:10 pm - 5:50 pm Motivational Keynote: What Really Drives Us?
Let's get one thing straight. Irrespective of what "generation" we belong to, there are some immutable laws of motivational theory that apply to us all. In this highly educational & entertaining session, Anthony will encourage us all to stop overgeneralizing by age or generation and start focusing on the individual in order to maximise performance and output. Using two different motivational theories, Anthony will arm you with a toolkit of approaches to help you understand what makes YOU tick and also how to motivate others to perform at THEIR best. So if you manage a team of people, or indeed are part of a team that needs that boost in productivity, motivation or output, this session is a MUST ATTEND!