Conference Day One: Monday, 28 March 2016 (Hotel Business Day)
08:30 - 08:50 Registration, Refreshments And Networking
08:50 - 09:00 Opening Remarks by Chairman:
09:00 - 09:30 Keynote: Successful leadership qualities for the hospitality sector
- Discussing ideal leaders in hospitality, especially in a multi cultural society so we get the best results
- What does it mean to be a responsible business – how should we be mindful of the environment, of the community we operate in?
- Are we conscious of the principles of UN Global Compact?
Roxana JafferChief Executive Officer
Splendid Hotel Group
09:30 - 10:15 PANEL DISCUSSION: UAE growth comparison of the last 3 year and next 5 year, what is the impact and analysis and plan of action for Expo 2020?
- Discussing megatrends that are transforming today’s businesses include shifts in global economic power, innovation in technology and demographic change
- Where is the market today versus pre-recession?
- Identifying the global economic landscape and its rapid changes; why hotels have to constantly adapt to these changes to remain successful in the market?
Bill KefferGeneral Manager
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Andy CuthbertGeneral Manager
Vincent MercurioGeneral Manager
The Address Dubai Mall
10:15 - 10:45 Sustainability - A burden or shared responsibility?
- Exploring advanced trends, needs, role of regulatory and industry competitiveness
- Discussing practical examples of it’s application in hotel / restaurant industry
- Identifying how to be more sustainable without putting guest experience and confront on cost
Muhammad IhsanullahDirector of EHS
10:45 - 11:30 PANEL DISCUSSION: Promoting wellness through your retail programs: Discussing return on wellness
- Are you promoting wellness through your retail programs?
- Wellness for your staff, for your guests and for your bottom line? Does your retail extend your brand, enhance your guest experience and boost incremental profit?
- Understanding the concept of “Return on Wellness,” and examine opportunities for user engagement and the strength of promoting and marketing wellness to hotel guests and residential owners and tenants
Gopal KumarDirector of Spa
Burj Al Arab
Afrah HamdyDirector of Spa
Anantara Dubai - the Palm Resort & Spa
Roberta LindowSpa Director
Mandara Spa, The H Hotel
Sharon BarcockDirector - Spa & Fitness Operations & Development
Hilton World Wide
11:30 - 12:00 Mid-Morning Networking Break
12:00 - 12:45 PANEL DISCUSSION: Secure your IT networks from attacks
- Discussing how to secure your valuable internal data and outward facing systems
- What are the security implications of the shift to IP-based networks and the cloud?
- Reviewing if you should outsource your IT security and what are the risks?
Hirone AmarasenaDirector of IT & AV
Palazzo Versace Dubai
Fraidy PintoArea IT Director - Middle East & Sub Saharan Africa
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
12:45 - 13:15 Social Media & ROI - Making your Investment pay
- Discussing social media marketing & ROI: Where are we in 2016?
- Evaluating traditional vs digital & social marketing strategies - How to maximise your ROI
- Highlighting innovative ways to get better returns from your social media marketing activities
Consultant, Writer, Speaker, Lecturer
13:15 - 14:00 PANEL DISCUSSION: Reviewing the latest self- service technologies for hotels to improve operational efficiency
- Discussing benefits and pitfalls of guest room access controls
- Highlighting evolution of guest room access control – self check in, using your phone as a kiosk, what next?
- Improving productivity of staff and reducing cost through new self- service technologies
John P. ReesSenior Director of Operations MENA
Steven BensonCluster Director of Operations
14:00 - 14:05 INTERACTIVE GROUP DISCUSSION SESSION
The following session will feature a series of interactive group discussions set in a roundtable format. There will be a maximum of 2 group leaders who will introduce a concept or case study to the participants followed by an interactive discussion and live feedback. The round table leaders will rotate every 20 minutes. Table leaders will rotate three times during this session.
Roundtable 114:05 - 14:40 PANEL DISCUSSION: Beyond Selfies: Are your customers the new marketing department?
- Understanding how customer loyalty program that rewards customers who book regularly will benefit the hotel and customers
- How to enhance mobile traffic and ensure a robust and seamless experience with content that can be shared on social media
- Identifying ways to empower your audience with engaging content, including local attractions and activities, visuals and trending topics
Kezia Da RochaDirector of Marketing
Holiday Inn Dubai
Roundtable 214:05 - 14:40 PANEL DISCUSSION: What and how hotels and restaurants are going to benefit from Expo 2020
- Discussing the post-event demand to avoid the risk of overcapacity; Dubai Expo 2020 is projected to attract 25 million visitors over a period of six months, with more than 70 percent of these coming from outside the UAE but what will happen after that?
- Highlighting how hotels are planning to retain the staff as it will bring more career opportunities and more jobs
- Evaluating mid-range hotels as a more lucrative investment as part of a mixed use development, rather than as stand-alone assets to avoid overcapacity
Danelle PalangDirector of Marketing and Communications
Dusit Thani Dubai