Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 29 April 2019
A9:00 am - 11:30 am Approaching a Service Desk Transformation: Developing a Thorough Transition and Improvement Plan
Service desks vary in size, strengths, needs and structures; however, when preparing to transform a service desk there are primary considerations which must be addressed in order to achieve a smooth and successful change. With extensive industry knowledge and experience Andrew Dimech will break-down primary approaches which can be adapted for any project, and will also individually work with you to explore your service desk and devise strategies to overcome challenges moving towards a transformation.
- How to approach a service desk transformation / improvement plan
- Exploring various models that address specific outcomes and which is right for your organisation
- Implementing the most effective service catalogues options in response to changes
C3:00 pm - 5:30 pm How to Implement Tools That Will Automate Resolutions and Reduce Overheads
The State of the Service Desk Report 2017 by Fresh Service highlights that expanding resources on superfluous support tasks, which can be automated can increase efficiency by up to 25%. With that in mind, this workshop will explore how service desk tools can be utilised with automation increasing their value to the business. It will also analyse how large the automation framework should be built ensuring improvement of service desk performance without negatively impacting customer satisfaction.
- Discussing how internal service desk operations can be automated successfully as an initial approach to automation
- Exploring automation and where it can be implemented to achieve volume call reduction (in both existing and non-existing platforms)
- Discussing how far to automate: Challenges in automation and where you might cross the line resulting in disrupting customer satisfaction
Jason HonHead of Service Desks