Product Manager/ IT Infrastructure Management
Open Universities Australia
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 30th April 2019
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019
2:00 PM PANEL: How Company Change and Expectations Influence the traditional Structure of Service Desks
Service desks are required to adapt to organisational change; such as new management processes, working environments, and digital landscapes. In this panel, service desk experts discuss the pressure to implement new approaches due to organisational change and discuss both the risks and benefits of transformation.
- Exploring how management change processes such as DevOps and disciplined agile delivery influences service desk models
- How consumer interaction with technology impacts on what customers expect: Simplicity and instantaneous results (AI and machine learning)
- Introducing flexible working and providing 24/7 services
2:40 PM CASE STUDY: Achieving Scalable Service Desks that Support Business Needs with a Build and Support Model
Before investing in a service desk transformation, businesses should first be optimising the staff and resources they already have. In this case study presentation, learn how Open Universities reorganized their operating models and adopted new ways of working resulting in more efficient and successful resolutions, as well as making their service desks safer and more reliable.
- Fostering engineering mindset & culture into IT support services and reconfiguring employee capabilities
- Collaborated and shared problem-solving approach partnering with the internal business teams