Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 1st May 2019
Wednesday, May 1st, 2019
11:50 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Building Relationships and Developing Clearer Communication Paths Across Service Desk Stakeholders
Service desks are relied upon to communicate across organisational teams, customers, suppliers and various other stakeholders. They receive and direct issues across the board to ensure efficient and effective resolutions, which highlights how imperative it is to have developed relationships and clear contact avenues.
- Highlight common communication gaps between stakeholders e.g. language (jargon) and keeping interactions in real-time
- Strategies that can encouraging collaboration to ensure service desk agility
1:30 PM CASE STUDY: Transforming Service Desks from a Greenfield Environment: MLC’s Unique Deployment
Since separating from NAB two years ago MLC insurance had a clean slate to rebuild their service desks – a rare and exciting opportunity. This case study will explore the model and changes adopted across their 3 main offices in Australia, the main focus behind these choices, and the outcomes – successes and challenges – as a result.
- Encouraging human based information by implementing a genius bar and floor walking as the organisations primary service desk approach
- Exploring why this transformation strategy was appropriate for the company and bleeds/challenges found along the way
- Strategies for change management: Employee culture surrounding the change
- What is the future focus for MLC?