Chief Service Officer & Director of Citizen Services
City of Buffalo New York
Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 15th July 2019
Monday, July 15th, 2019
5:15 PM Customer Centricity: Utilising Data to Inform Contact Centre Decisions and Gain a Better Understanding of Your Customer
In recent years, Buffalo has been transitioning towards data driven decision making and collaborative projects with community organizations to address some of the city’s problems, including projects like “Operation Clean Sweeps”. This workshop will focus on how the department has achieved this level of customer experience.
What will this workshop cover?
- Leveraging the local civic community and facilitating community engagement
- Creating a portal to showcase the work of outside organizations using city data
- Facilitating the use of community-generated datasets
- Using anonymization to safeguard datasets that may contain private information
- Learn strategies to gain a better understanding of your customer and foster a sense of citizen satisfaction
- Understand how to build a data centric and customer centric culture within your contact centre
- Learn how to streamline data from multiple touch points
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17th July 2019
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019
9:30 AM International Keynote Case Study: Delivering a Responsive, Agile Contact Centre Experience through Effective Community Engagement
The city of Buffalo’s call centre caters for 1 million people and 300 000 calls a year. Through optimizing call data and liaising with different social services departments, this department has managed to completely transform their contact centre customer experience/ this session will explore:
- Using data to identify pinpoints within the community, which has led to the development and implementation neighbourhood revitalization programs, including the administration of rehabilitation assistance programs.
- The establishment of a centralized computer based system and procedures for receiving, processing and responding to inquiries, service requests, complaints and suggestions from citizens in a timely, accurate and professional manner- leading to a 97% first call resolution rating
- Building capability within the contact centre to respond to emergencies and become an Emergency Operations Centre when required