Top Customer Experience Companies in 2010
The Temkin Group is a customer experience research and consulting firm. We have one goal for our clients: increase customer loyalty by becoming more customer-centric.
Today, we will go over the U.S.-based companies providing the best customer experience. Tomorrow, we will detail the U.S.-based companies that have inspired the most customer loyalty.
These ratings evaluated 143 large organizations across 12 industries based on feedback from 6,000 U.S. consumers.
The Temkin Experience Ratings are based on evaluating three elements of experience:
- Functional: How well do experiences meet consumers’ needs?
- Accessible: How easy is it for consumers to do what they want to do?
- Emotional: How do consumers feel about the experiences?
Here are the top 20 companies in the ratings:
Here are the results for the 12 industries:
Here are the interesting findings from the report:
- 15 of the top 20 firms are retailers. The exceptions are three hotel chains (Marriot, Hyatt, and Courtyard By Marriott), one bank (Regions), and an insurance company (USAA).
- Anthem is at the bottom of the list along with six other health plans that are in the bottom 13. Comcast and Charter Communications each show-up twice in the bottom six spots.
- Only 24 companies ended up with "excellent" or "good" ratings.
- When we compare company ratings with their industry averages, three companies outperformed their peers by at least 10 points: TriCare (health plan), USAA (insurance and credit cards), and Regions (bank).
You can download the full report here.