The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach New Audiences, and Sell More Stuff
Shih is singularly qualified to write this book: One of the world’s top business social networking thought leaders and practitioners, she created the first business application on Facebook and leads salesforce.com’s partnership with Facebook. Through case studies, examples, and a practical how-to guide, Shih helps individuals, companies, and organizations understand and take advantage of social networks to transform customer relationships for sales and marketing. Shih systematically identifies your best opportunities to use social networks to source new business opportunities, target marketing messages, find the best employees, and engage customers as true partners throughout the innovation cycle. Finally, she presents a detailed action plan for positioning your company to win in today’s radically new era: The Facebook Era.
Right this minute, more than 1.5 million people are on Facebook. They’re interacting with friends--and talking about your brands. They’re learning about your business--and providing valuable information you can use to market and sell. In the Facebook Era, you’re closer to your customers than ever before. Read this book, and then go get them!
Clara Shih offers best practices for overcoming obstacles to success, ranging from privacy and security issues to brand misrepresentation, and previews social networking trends that are just beginning to emerge--helping you get ahead of the curve and ahead of the competition, too.
Includes a practical 60-day action plan for positioning your company to win in the Facebook Era
For companies of all sizes, in all industries--and business functions ranging from marketing to operations
By Clara Shih, creator of Faceconnector, the first business application on Facebook
Learn how to…
- Understand how social networking transforms our personal and professional relationships
- Why social networking will have business impact comparable to the Internet
- Use online social networks to hypertarget your customers
- Hone in on precise audience segments and then tailor custom campaigns with powerful personal and social relevance
- Define and implement your optimal social networking brand strategy
- Ask the right questions, set the right goals and priorities, and execute on it
- Implement effective governance and compliance
- Understand and mitigate the risks of social networking/Web 2.0 initiatives